View Single Post
      10-31-2019, 06:57 AM   #48
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
retirement is an individual thing. i don't care what a dictionary says it is, i define it for myself. some people are looking forward to quitting mcdonald's at 65 to collect social security... i don't call that retirement.
the google definition is wrong imo. here what it should be (from a dictionaries):

1- retirement; State of a person who, after a certain number of years of work, ceases his professional activity and receives a pension.

2- retirement; Action to withdraw from active life, to give up its functions; status of someone who has stopped working

3 - pensioner - : Who is retired, who has stopped working professionally.

So in that case, the words '' professional activity'' and ''active life,' is very important.

leaving your 'forever' job, do to something else, that require ''work'' or not, paid or not , is retirement.

I agree with you, nowadays, is hard to define it on accurate way, since there's physical job to brain job. None will live the retirement in the same way or at the same age.

On my part, I'm doing desk job, I probably can stop working early, but I won't. Its fun. On the weekend tho, working on flipping houses and race cars
Appreciate 0