View Single Post
      12-21-2019, 08:11 AM   #30
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
So this is my setup and environment. Living room is 17’ x 11’ roughly - it’s open to the kitchen area so there’s more space than 11’ in reality but using the placement of the couch and chairs as a reference point for the boundary of what I consider the living room to be. Vaulted ceilings that go from 8’ at the window up to nearly 15’ or more in the middle of the room.

TV is about 12’ from the couch wall mounted on stationary mount (doesn’t swing out). 65” LG C8 OLED. It’s hooked up to an Onkyo TX-NR585 receiver via single HDMI cable. Receiver controls all the inputs into the TV. Currently have an Apple TV 4K, NVIDIA Shield, LG HD Blu-ray player, Comcast X1 set top box, Nakamichi Cassette Deck and Audio-Technica turntable connected to the receiver.

Speaker set up is a Dolby Atmos 3.2.1 configuration so it’s 2 front channel book shelf speakers on stands, a center channel speaker, 2 front upward firing Atmos effects speakers and a sub. All are Elac Debut 2.0 speakers. Haven’t gotten around to getting some small rear surround speakers since it would require pulling wires under the crawl space and up the walls to keep things clean looking.

Certainly not audiophile level but it’s a pretty decent budget setup.
Nakamichi cassette deck? Is that the Dragon by chance?
Appreciate 0