01-13-2017, 04:06 AM   #36
Vigilante375
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW 6M 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamb1t View Post
never heard of it. Did see an Impala SS.... its predecessor?
2 total different cars. The Impala is, now, a FWD, family economy car (honestly, it is in my eyes compared the the 94-96 version and well before then) that GM tries to make into a fast with the Impala SS.

The SS is just a Pontiac G8 GT in a newer chassis, fully loaded (2014-2017 models) with magnetorheological shocks (2015-2017 models) and now with a M6 option (2015-2017 model)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
As typical of GM, corporate always gets in the way of logic.

Rebadging an ancient vehicle from abroad and passing it off as a new car was lame. It's the same reason why the entire Buick line sucks, they're all a bunch of badge engineered variants of Opels and Chevys. The SS looked plain, had a crap interior, crap electronics, and GM's famous crap reliability. It just goes to show how stupid GM's management continues to be by allowing such a product to reach the market. While I don't think the Kia Stinger will be a hot seller either, I admire Kia for actually putting effort into their RWD sport sedan. It looks great, the interior seems nice for what it is, and the electronics will be modern.

I can't think of many desirable vehicles from GM.
Famous crap reliability huh? What reliability issues are SS owners having? HFPF issues? DCT stutter? Rattling in the cabin? Clutch chatter? Turbo failures? Whistling noise at high way speeds? Oh...sorry, those are common 1 and 3 series issues.....

I agree Buick sucks and they should have been disbanded instead of Pontiac. GM does stupid things but having a 4 door, RWD sedan that can be equipped with a manual, powered by a 415 HP V8 is something not any other manufacturers are willing to do. Plus it weights in the 3700lb / 1700kg range. Pretty light compared to other 4 door sedans out there, while being fully loaded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Oc View Post
Same here. Nice car, great seats. Radio always had issues though and having the fuel tank in the trunk was terrible but it was a nice car for the $$. Ran a 100 shot on it with intake, headers and exhaust. Pretty quick for a big car.
I owned a 06 M6 GTO with a baby cam, full exhaust and CAI. Bought it new as a left over in 2007. I would still have it but it was rear ended by a douche bag texting. You know why the gas tank was in the trunk? The NHTSA deemed it was safer in the trunk compared to being underneath like the Holden Monaro's gas tank was in Aussieland. If it wasn't for them, we could have had a way bigger trunk with fold down seats.
Appreciate 0