Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwz4g29driver View Post
Can you elaborate a bit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfun82 View Post
The sport 5 replaces the sport 4… this line is more for performance in the wet and dry. This is not the PS4S replacement, it’s a lower tier.

The PSS/PSS* handles those mountain roads the best in my experience. Tire has been around a long time. It won’t perform as well in the rain though as the PS4S, which I don’t think is available for the sizes of the Z4. I could be wrong about that. But regardless, I’d go for the PSS*.
According to his profile bmwz4g29driver is located in Europe and I am not sure what is available over there for Star tires. However in the US, Tire Rack offers the correct 19 inch front and rear sizes in BMW Star tires for both the PSS and the PS4S. They are considered "Maximum Performance Summer" tires and Tire Rack gives them identical ratings for both dry and wet conditions. The PSS have been the OEM 19 inch tires since the Z4 was launched with the exception of some Continentals being substituted in some of their recent production.

The PSAS4 is consider an "Ultra High Performance All-Season" tire but Tire Rack gives it slightly lower dry/ wet ratings but a slightly better tread wear rating.
Attached Images

Last edited by Westside Guy; 03-25-2024 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 0