01-18-2024, 01:59 PM   #3
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
If she's not a techie person and you're gone, I would imagine that all you tech will be gone too. My guess is she's supportive of it now because she sees that you get enjoyment from it. If you're gone, she'll likely see it as a time-consuming and unneeded nuisance. Routers and wifi's are pretty basic and most spouses can deal with that using friends, family, Youtube, etc.

If you haven't already, the more important thing is having your spouse under the financials like how and who does the taxes, investment strategy, where all the money is, who to contact at your employer, taxation on capital gains, etc. I've written this all out for my wife and kids in case I'm gone or both my wife and I are gone. The plan sits in our will/trust document.
Yeah, the money end is all set. And the soon-to-be-finished estate planning will hopefully take care of things should something happen to both of us. I'm just thinking about her having to untangle the basic networking stuff from my fun-and-games techie stuff.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0