View Single Post
      09-23-2019, 08:08 AM   #34
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Oddest thing I seen was when a friend of mine who is a builder designed a fake bookshelf that opened up to another small room in his own house.

I still don't think his wife knows about it yet. Maybe it's his "private place".
I've seen a couple of these. The first one I saw was in a 3 story log cabin. A friend of mine rented a farm house from the Schrade's. Schrade knives btw, they live in the small town I live in and their home is nothing short of amazing. Their son, before he passed, was close with my buddies girlfriend, they used to throw parties in this house. On the ground floor, in the kitchen, there is a grandfather clock. On the upper right hand corner of the clock, there is a metal handle, pull the handle down and you hear a click. The grandfather clock can then be opened like a door. Behind the clock is a spiral staircase that goes up to the top floor which is a game room. In the staircase there is a door for the second floor that is hidden behind a book case.

A friend of mine who....um....I kinda have to be careful about posting this.....was really good at....let's say indoor horticulture. His "laboratory" was hidden downstairs, behind a bookshelf, in a wall, under the staircase. It was pretty damn impressive. A person could go downstairs and be none the wiser that it was even there. Book case under the stairs, push the book case in toward the wall, then slide to left and it opened a hole in the wall big enough to drive a car through. The amount of lighting, ventilation and whatnot that was in there was beyond impressive. He had also managed to reduce the odor to absolutely nothing. You couldn't smell it inside the home, downstairs or outside.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8208.00