View Single Post
      01-05-2018, 09:23 AM   #172
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Did you have access each camera directly to ensure the IP Config was correct?

The NVR is a PITA, I went to do the actual install over the holidays running the cat6 and mounting the cameras outdoor and it was a pain.

I had setup one camera already and updated the NVR firmware in my office to make sure I got everything working. It wouldn't recognize the cameras after I decided to change the IP subnet, and installed both the already setup first camera and new 2nd camera. Got the 1 camera I already had setup recognized after I switched the subnet back to what it was. I still can't get a new 2nd camera setup yet. Thinking of maybe sending it back and switching to another system.

I pray for anyone who doesn't understand Tech, this shit is not user friendly even for someone who is familiar with computer networking.
It took a little bit of reading before I got everything running the way I wanted to at my house also, but I saw it as a fun project and I learned a lot along the way. That being said, actually getting the cameras up and running was never the issue. Companies like Nelly's have great PDFs out there that you can download free of charge. For me, the remote access is what took the longest.
Appreciate 0