10-14-2019, 02:54 PM   #212
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Similar but not the same. I had to go have lab work done this morning. As the girlfriend and I are sitting in the waiting room, a young mom (roughly 21-25) is trying to coerce her son (around 8-10 years) to get his lab work done. The waiting room was dead silent until they called for them to go back. Instantly the little kid starts crying and throwing a tantrum. Refusing to put his cell phone down and crying every step of the way, because he was trying to play a game on his phone. At no point did the mother make him put the phone down. He never even took his eyes off the damn thing as he fake cried the entire walk down the hallway. I weep for our future. In less than 20 years, these little shits will be the one's running things. Scares the shit out of me.

I appreciate it, but yeah VPN is out. The admins have the network locked up tight. I had to pull some strings, with an inside connect, just to get Office 2016 and Display Fusion installed on my machine, and this took months to achieve.
Zoiks. No doubt there are lots of security reasons for locking things down like that in some businesses. But some do it just to be anal about things.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0