View Single Post
      03-11-2020, 08:43 AM   #382
Finlandr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Hoopties

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
What would your review of the R be so far? What did it replace?
I like it a lot more than I thought I would. To me it looks great and I love the color. The steering feedback is pretty good, even with it lowered. It now has BC Racing coil overs, which are similar to the H&R Super Deep's. Power is pretty decent at 290hp, but I'll get a tune soon.

The infotainment system is fantastic in this car. The touch screen is very intuitive ...best I've ever used. Seats are comfortable enough as a daily, but give a little support when you want to push it a little. I like the look and utility of the hatchback.

One thing I do not like is when you put the car in reverse it automatically lowers the volume on the radio. Usually no big deal and you can press a button to get the volume back....but when I'm listening to podcasts I find myself pausing it or rewinding a few seconds.

The other thing I absolutely hate is the brake dust. Holy brake dust....after 1 day they're dusty as hell. I've been spoiled with carbon ceramic brakes on other cars. I got some Powerstop Evolution carbon ceramic brake pads, which are being installed today. From what I found online I think they may reduce the dust quite a bit.

I wanted a small-ish car that was easy to daily, could easily throw some things in the back, easy to park just about anywhere, and be fun to drive when I felt a little spirited. For me it delivers.

I have an M4 that I decided I wanted to keep long term and reduce the miles I put on it. Still have it....
Attached Images

Appreciate 1