View Single Post
      03-16-2020, 03:41 PM   #389
jt335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i Monaco blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboatster View Post
How do you like your SN197 stang? Thought about picking one up. How does it compare to your e90?
I like my Stang. Bought it brand new back in 2005 and have owned it ever since. At 15 years and 138000+ miles, this pony still runs great. Haven't had any major mechanical issues with it. Still has the original clutch, water pump, etc., and I've kept it well maintained. The last major service was the 100,000 mile (replaced spark plugs, coolant flush, etc.), but most recently (Nov 2019) I had the front struts and rear shocks replaced. There are some minor things that have succumbed to 15 years of wear and tear. The OEM radio had an internal short and was killing the battery (replaced 2 times) so I replaced it with another (used) and all is fine now. The only other thing I need to have checked is the A/C ventilation. For some reason, the driver side vents are blowing hot air and while the passenger side blows cold air so I will need to take it to my trusted mechanic to have him look at it.

How does it compare to my 335i? The ride is a little less stiff or bumpy since it has 17 inch tires vs 18, but I think it still handles just as good as my 335. As for performance, it has that V8 burst of speed and acceleration. Never street raced a stock or modded SN197 GT Stang, but I think my 335 has the edge stock for stock.
Overall, I like both my Stang and my 335 and never get tired driving either of them.
1983 Mercedes Benz 380SL Roadster
Appreciate 0