View Single Post
      02-12-2009, 03:13 PM   #12
gravediggingaditch
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92

before i read the replies - the first thing I thought was - you comment on your first glass of water with breakfast, but you don't comment about water anywhere else. . . .so was wondering if you just don't drink it that much . . . you NEED to. absolutely, without a doubt. Throughout the day. Try to drink a gallon a day. . . if you can. Especially if you are working out.

Your meal schedule looks good - 5 meals a day - spread out evenly and you are fine. Just make sure you are sticking to it.

I would increase the cardio a bit. . . I do 10 - 15 minutes of cardio prior to every workout just as a warmup. Then I'm usually running around playing ball for 2 hours. And if you are on the phone when you are at the gym, you aint working out. If you are able to talk to people at the gym, you aint working out. Make sure you are pushing yourself. I know guys that go to the gym everyday for a few hours and wonder why they aren't losing weight - its because they talk more than they work out. You didn't detail your workout other than the cardio but hopefully you are in there pushing yourself. . . .. Cardio really doesn't build muscle mass . . .not the type you are doing anyways unless you are doing Eliptical machine at 20/20 for 30 minutes.

Remember to eat as soon as you wake up to get your metabolism going. . . and remember that the more muscle you have - the higher your metabolism will be.

Is the yogurt all natural without sugars? Is the cereal?

For snack time - try having some almonds, nuts, etc. . . no salt. This, imo, is better than yogurt, etc which can be high in fats and sugars. . . the fats in almonds are great for you and as a male, the monos and polys are what boosts your testosterone, therefore building muscle and increasing metabolism . . . . healthy fats are a natural steroid in other words. . .

As for wearing a sweatshirt, etc. . . . that just loses sweat and water weight. Thats why wrestlers do it - to get under the weight limits for their matches. It will come right back if you are properly hydrating. You want that water in your body anyways to keep your muscles running at optimal levels.

I don't believe in the liquid diets or cleansings either . . . it can be good for your body every once in a while but I dont think it really does much for losing weight. . .

just keep at it. . . .if you are really working at it. . . . you'll be fine. Good luck !

BMW 335i - e92 Ordered: 4.23.08 Picked Up: 6.19.08
Blk Saph, Black Lthr, Alum, 230s, Man, Prem Pkg, Sprt Pkg, Navi, Prk Dst, CA, iPod, Cstm Pedals, Pntd Reflctrs, GP Thundrs, 30% Huper Optik Tints / 60% Wndshld, Euro Fogs
Appreciate 0