View Single Post
      02-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #18
gshb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: slow

i dont think theres a wrong way to exercise, so long as youre doing some sort of physical activity. even having a bunch of sex helps in this goal.

i always understood that reducing calorie intake and increasing calorie use is what helps to reduce weight. i dont think theres some secret way of accomplishing this.

use this link as a reference on how the body uses energy and the systems involved. this isnt the best source, but its about right when i quickly googled: http://www.thefitnessblueprint.com/m...hp?article=169

i personally try to burn 300-400 calories by just running and usually watch movies or listen to music to keep my mind off being tired. i see some fat loss from just this, but i lost a lot more weight when i went to ecuador and did nothing but snorkel, hike, and extreme moutain bike (down volcanos) for two weeks. this and the fact that i couldnt eat much in ecuador meant i lost around 7lbs. it makes sense then that low to med intensity activities like i did in ecuador lost more weight than doing nothing but sprinting. energy utilization is different for both activities.

i also try to do HIIT. just dont give up. i think that is the hardest part. i usually eat what i want, but i stay away from the obvious shit like sodas and donuts.
Appreciate 0