vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Miami... and by a long mile... I95 south of 595 in Ft Lauderdale is a combo of mad max, daytona 500 and crash derby...
I was just going to post this, after my road trip last week! Keep in mind that I used to drive on the Long Island Expressway through NYC on the Cross Bronx...towing my 24-foot enclosed race car hauler...in Sunday afternoon/evening Hamptons/beach traffic...and am still picking Miami with no trailer.

Trying to navigate the roads around Miami airport is impossible, since the roads don't physically connect in three dimensions and Google Maps doesn't seem to know the roads that *do* connect even going straight on the same level. Try going into that strange area during the afternoon rush hour during a torrential downpour that was flooding everything and making street signs impossible to read. I'm pretty sure that I saw a raft full of Cuban refugees on NW 36th near River Drive through the monsoon rains. It's no wonder why the locals in south Florida all prefer to fly out of Fort Lauderdale and not Miami. It's also no wonder why the IATA designator is MIA.

Are there any commercial pilots who have flown into MIA? Is it just as hard to taxi around that airport as it is to drive around on the streets outside the fences?????
ASAP10161.00