View Single Post
      04-23-2024, 03:43 PM   #31
Mr. Bill
Private
Rep
Drives: 19 M240i, 19 X7, 22 X7, 22 C8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
IMHO, if you were only in the market for a convertible the current M240i would not be a contender as it isn't offered in that category. So which ragtop from what is being offered by all manufacturers would you select?
I was seriously considering the Audi R8 in AWD, but I couldn’t bring myself to part with that much cash for a fun car using such dated technology. Also, I wasn’t interested in financing at current rates. I ended up keeping my M240i as a DD and settled on a used 2022 C8 Corvette with 9k miles. The vette I bought is also RWD, but with the engine sitting on the back wheels, and given the width of the rear tires, I am more comfortable with the RWD configuration even with an engine pushing 500hp at the crank. The vette also comes with a hard top convertible and fits a bag of golf clubs in the rear trunk (I realize the Z4 can carry clubs and the bag if they are first separated), both big pluses for me. The final piece that fell into place is that corvettes have been plummeting in value over the past several months, an event that was bound to happen and which I was willing to wait for. I paid about $20k less for the car than I might have a year ago. Conversely, none of the BMW dealers around me were willing to talk about anything less than MSRP at the time I was in the market. When I drive it my a$$ end is still all over the place with my ham fisted driving, but it hooks up pretty quickly and with little drama, so I’m happy with the final decision.
Appreciate 3
Argo743.50
Rcasa20188.00