09-28-2019, 10:54 AM   #13
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yessir View Post
I do it around friends and adults depending on the situation. My hard rule is to never use these words around kids or people that are easily impressionable. I know they will see or hear it on the internet, school and just about everywhere else, but I would rather not be the one where they learned it from. I grew up in a pretty strict household and cursing was never to be heard. I respect my parents for not exposing me to foul language and I will do the same for kids growing up.
Same with my parents. My Dad worked at a trucking company and occasionally had to go into work on Saturdays. He would bring my brother and me along so we could run around the terminal while he did whatever he had to do. I loved these trips because Dad always bought donuts and I loved them when I was a kid. Mom wasn't big on us eating donuts, so it was a treat.

So one nasty winter day we went into work with Dad. The electric gate to the terminal yard had been frozen shut. He and another guy were working on it and talking to my brother and me over the intercom. He had us push the open/close button in the office to test if the gate would move. At one point while he was talking to us I asked if he was still going to get some donuts. The intercom was still live and we heard him say to the other guy, "Do you believe this kid? Always thinking about his fucking stomach." My brother and I looked at each other in total shock. We had never, ever heard my father cuss or even raise his voice at home. We were stunned.

Years later I had a co-worker that had worked for my Dad at the same company. Dad was a supervisor and this guy was a dock worker and driver. He told me stories about my Dad that made me realize there was a whole side of his personality that I had never seen. Apparently my Dad, who had infinite patience with us at home, was a terror at work. He wouldn't put up with a driver who couldn't back a truck into the dock or a dock worker who couldn't load a truck properly. He had a rep as a tough as nails boss. He was a perfect example of someone who knew when and where to cuss and when not to.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
minn1913970.00