2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Which BMW and which bentley? Compare 2 cars of similarities and we can start there.

The lucid air and the plaid are obviously "competitors", meaning 4 door powerhouse EV's but it can't be direct competitors because like i said right off the bat the price difference.

If someone wants to spend 140-150k for an EV, they'd look at a plaid, the e-tron GT or a taycan. Those are comparable cars. And of course the plaid, overall, is a better buy for the money. The sapphire is in an entirely different price bracket.

I have nothing against the lucid air. I am an EV fanatic don't forget.

I just know good value when i see it. Tesla is just ahead of everyone else. Those are just facts. Maybe it'll change, maybe it won't. Maybe car makers will catch up in 2-5 years. Maybe they won't ever.

Right now tesla is still the leading EV car maker.
I'm going to go on a limb here and potentially expose myself for being completely out of touch with people but... If you can afford a 130-150k toy, can you not afford a 250k toy? I wonder how many plaids are in garages with less than 3 cars. I'm not really sure who this is targeted at. Then again BMW made the XM and that certainly didn't target me either. I really like some of BMW's offerings and am excited to see what they do with electrics.

I choose the X5M for example, which is right around plaid money because of it's utilitarian nature. I then can hop in my M5 CS for fast sedan shenanigans. If I were to swap the M5 CS, it would be more logical to go for the Sapphire because the Plaid interior is a fucking disaster. Some people like the tesla plaid interior, but interior snobs who enjoy comfy and well put together stuff will protest. I'm one of those people, can't stand the steering wheel and some other stuff but it's cool how fast that it is.

I could almost consider a lucid except one small problem;

Unless this bullshit windshield stuff starts coming with porsche's electronic dimming panels, I don't want it. I don't want to be in an oven. I live in AZ and the last thing I want is to have is more sun in my face.

As for electric cars in general, I echo what other posters have said on this topic. We are marching towards homogenization with an unknown amount of regulation pertaining to consumption. I think brands will primarily be a style, ride, and feel as things begin to mature.

I think it will be an afterthought which car is .2 faster to 120 as other have mentioned due to likely incoming governmental oversight over vehicles.
chad86tsi1605.00
AlexFL7839.00