View Single Post
      10-29-2019, 01:56 PM   #2
unluky
Major
Rep
Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
I also love this topic. I turn the big 50 next year and it has started creeping into my head as well. Every time I see someone die in their 60's I panic. I have zero fear of dying, but I have a LOT of fear of being cheated out of the retirement that I have sacrificed for my entire adult life.

I have no kids, so that helps me a ton, and I like you have always had the 2 mil mark in my ear. BUT I would love to know it from those that have done it - what they would have done differently.

I am not debt free - but I am close. I am 80% done with my house and other than that I am debt free. I have some land and a house left to me that I own jointly with my sister, but we would never sell it unless we just got crushed. She too is in good shape. It has a house on it, I have even thought about moving there when it is time.

Best thing about me - I can live cheap. Very cheap. Years of stuffing 1/2 of what you make away gets you into that mode. I also don't think I ever want to be 100% not working. I could see me flipping houses or renting a few doors to keep me active and a little cash coming in. We cash rent the farm, so I get a little play money from that twice a year as well....which I of course invest. LOL

I of course don't want to run out of money, but anymore the thought of losing out on my retirement time scares me worse. I ignore SS as well, but if it does happen to still be there it will be a plus and likely pay my month nut by itself.

I agree I will have to survive another stock market correction, but that comes with the beast.

Love to see who has done it and what they would do if they had it to do again.