View Single Post
      10-30-2019, 01:14 PM   #33
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

my parents recently sold their business and retired. my dad liked not having anything to do at first, but quickly got bored with that so now he is fixing up their full time and vacation homes to pass the time. (which means im fixing up their homes with him helping)

my dad and i were chatting the other day about this as we were workin. my parents recently sold their business and retired. my dad liked not having anything to do at first, but quickly got bored with that so now he is fixing up their full time and vacation homes to pass the time. (which means im fixing up their homes with him helping). he said he wouldnt have retired if they hadnt gotten a great offer to sell and wished he had stayed on for part time/temp help. He has a couple hobbies (hunting and golf) but there is only so much of both you can do and he gets bored. he told me to not retire until i just cant work anymore physically, or no longer enjoy what i do. I would miss it and when youve worked 10-12hrs a day for decades, thats a lot of free time you have all of a sudden.i dont think there is any way i could cold turkey retire without getting some part time job, but i also dont think i would be able to put up with the shit you get with most part time jobs, so im not sure what ill do when the time comes.

as far as money goes, my figure is what it will take for me to live somewhat the same as how i do now, until im 100. i make decent money, but have lived paycheck to paycheck before and still stress out about money whether i need to or not. I doubt i will live till 100 with how my family history is, but theres always that chance that all the bad shit i did, turns out to be what keeps me living forever and if im a 90yo man stressed out about money, it doesnt sound like something i want to deal with in my last years

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0