View Single Post
      07-13-2017, 10:46 PM   #605
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

I have a few requests of non-bicycling car drivers. These come from my few months of experience pedaling around my local area, but I tend to think these requests are fairly universal.

1. PLEASE, turn your headlights on at dusk. If the sun is down and the streetlights are on, so should be your headlights. Makes it much easier for me to see you in my tiny mirror.

2. DON'T CUT CORNERS! I almost got nailed tonight but some middle aged woman driving a Buick ark. She apexed a left turn into a blind intersection just as I was coming up on it. I was waaaaaay over on the right and she still had to swerve to avoid me, and then laughed about it. ARGHH!!

3. THINK BEFORE YOU PASS ME!! A young girl who probably had her license a few months passed me on the far left side of the road over a blind hill. While I appreciate the fact that she gave me a ton of room, she put herself in a very dangerous situation by flying over that hill on the wrong side of the road. Wait until it is safe to pass me.

Just to show I'm not all negativity, thank you to all those who saw me resting on the side of the road last week at the top of a nasty hill and asked if I was okay. Your concern reinforces my belief that people are basically decent at their core.

"Life is uncertain, eat bacon now."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6060.00