02-21-2024, 02:19 PM   #4
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
I own one (997) and I don't think there is any mystique but there's really no competitors.

You can go the M2/Supra route, they're considerably heavier and less agile though. Most competitors at the same price point as a 911 are GT cars, not sports cars (Maserati/Aston/Jaguar). Next step up is insanely expensive as you're into exotics.

TBH i actually think Lotus is probably now the closest competitor in spirit anyways.

I will say though, if i did not need the back seats i would have bought a 4C and if the GT350 was a convertible i would have went that route. The 911 was really the only sports car to offer me back seats for the kids and a drop top and enough room for a picnic basket.
The Emira is pretty sweet but I think the price has gone crazy there too?

Ya, I lusted after the 4C but missed the boat and it's not practical at all as I'm sure you're aware. Why not a Boxster then if you were in that alternate universe?
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0