05-23-2019, 09:47 PM   #4
SgtGigglebox
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 Atacama 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanfordrich View Post
Thank you for the insight. I plan on test driving both vehicles in a couple of days. The 30i has a lot of torque for a 4, so I'm looking forward to comparing the two. I'm actually a little apprehensive about the quickness of the M40i. Zero to sixty in 3.9 seems really fast. Is that anything to be concerned about? The quickest vehicle I've ever driven was my VW GTI. This is kind of an embarrassing question, but does one have to worry about accelerating so fast in the M40i that the car is difficult to control?
I wouldnt say its so much of a safety thing, you'll get used to it pretty quick and it would only really be a thought in sport+. You'll find yourself just adjusting how much gas pedal you give it. In s+ it can definitely be a little twitchy and it can certainly do a lot more than is legallly or socially acceptable, but theres also lots of opportunities to have fun with it. The overall quickness is what made me ponder whether or not i should have given the 30 a fair shake. While its super fun, im curious if (in the context of normal and even casual fun driving) the 30 would be just as fun when you push it harder... compared to the m40i that you wont have a lot of opportunities to push it as hard as itll go.
Appreciate 1