View Single Post
      01-13-2020, 06:36 PM   #174
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj57 View Post
Picked a M-sport 30i about a month ago, read through this thread and after 1200 miles only issue I have is the wipers skipping unless its pouring rain (seems to be getting better) and a few creaks/pops from the top. Dealer put new wipers on after I had it week, didnt help.
I had this, which I think was due to an over-generous application of RainX. I gave the screen a good clean with a very mild glass polish and it's been fine since.

Quote:
To be fair the '16 F-type convertible I traded in on this was horrible for squeaks/rattles and buzzing noises since it was new from the top and various weatherstrips rubbing. Got used to it though, the Z4 isnt as bad new but I have had several convertibles over the years, US made and import, and they all had their share of noises. Price you pay for dropping the top I guess..
Exactly this. I've had quite a few verts and there's always something that doesn't stay tight. Clean the seals, turn up the music and press the loud pedal!

Quote:
Only other complaint I have so far is if you just open the door and close it the radio will stay on for around 45 minutes, seems like a long time.. Also about 50% of the time when I park, shut off the engine and open the door the radio does not shut off (shut car down when opening door is checked) unless you lock it or hold down the radio power button.
Something not right there

Enjoy the car
Appreciate 0