View Single Post
      07-05-2020, 08:26 PM   #43
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioman View Post
Didn't know they were getting that cheap. Cheapest CPO I can find isn't anywhere close to that price.

What are the typical yearly maintenance costs out of warranty?
I bought the lowest priced CPO, you can probably still find it on cars.com, was listed for $110k and got them down to $100k. That is effectively ~$93k when factoring the warranty cost, or $87k if you look at it as two years of warranty cost. It has 48k miles on it which is a lot for a Ferrari so they were willing to deal, but as long as it goes through CPO and has warranty I'm ok with the miles. Pretty sure I can drive it for a couple years and get back what I paid or close to it. Car looks to be in amazing condition for the miles. Fortunately they are one of the dealers that includes the 2-year warranty in their listed pricing. The second lowest CPO car is $116k and is on consignment, options list not nearly as extensive but lower mileage. That dealer wants $7k extra for the warranty.

Consignment cars are usually easier to get the price down than a dealer-owned car. I suspect most cars listed can be had for ~10% below asking price but some dealers are pretty firm. I would generally not buy from most third-party dealers. Just getting a full PPI done costs ~$1k including the compression check and is required by Ferrari if you want the privelege of spending $6500/year on the warranty. When you factor in the 2 years for the price of 1 from a dealer plus knowing it passed all the CPO standards, it just makes more sense to buy from a dealer, especially if it's your first Ferrari (which it is for me).

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Yes, what is the standard retail price of an oil change at a Ferrari dealer?
Annual service at a dealer is $1-2k, depends what needs to be done. Indy shop should generally be around $1k. Expensive, but you shouldn't be buying a $400k car if you can't afford that because when a big repair comes along you're gonna have a bad time. The Ferrari warranty doesn't cover everything, it is basically a powertrain warranty but at least that covers the big ticket items. On an FF that is generally the PTU and transmission which can be anywhere from $12-40k.

The ceramic brakes are also crazy expensive, like $40k/set from a dealer. The car I bought had the front discs replaced 3k miles ago so that's a major bullet to dodge. Waiting on the report for the rears from the CPO check but they have to pass minimum standards anyway so I can't foresee them needing replacement in the next few years in all likelihood. I usually keep my cars 1-2 years before moving on. If I can drive a $400k V12 Ferrari for less than ~$20-30k overall cost for 2 years, I'd consider that an absolute bargain.

Word of advice for anyone considering an FF - CHECK THE INSURANCE COST. GEICO is insuring this car for $150/month. I couldn't find any other insurance company that would do it for less than $600/month. After checking with USAA, State Farm, and a few specialty companies like Hagerty/Pure/Chubb/Grundy i just gave up and figured $150/month is as cheap as it will get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
IDK, E63 AMG S Wagon is pretty damn hot.
Agreed, love the E63S wagon, definitely a contender. A V12 Ferrari is still a V12 Ferrari though. Figured I had to do it at least once...
Appreciate 0