View Single Post
      12-23-2023, 03:05 PM   #24
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Any car is practically 'powerful' enough if one wants to push it and the Miata is no slouch despite silly stereotypes. Loss of traction is loss of traction, no matter the car, and he aggravated that by lifting, so I guess that's why.

In this age of information, I'm still surprised some ppl still lift. When I ran into black ice or enter a corner too hot in snow and the car starts going crazy, swerving, I always keep my throttle constant and steer the heck out of danger. It's like instinct. Lifting is just asking for trouble.
Had to respond to this one because I resonate with it a lot before I started tracking and understanding when breaking the limits how to respond, I never instinctually lifted off of the throttle as I suppose I played on a lot of racing sims to understand the physics of the rear snap back and how to not have that oh sh*t moment.

On track I would turn off traction and just learn the corners and start pushing a bit more each time granted I'm a bit more than novice these days, if I ever feel uncomfortable I err on the side of less send as opposed to full send and I'm a man that loves the sending.

Before the tires are even howling, I understand my F87 chassis very well now to know how to tip toe in and out of throttle. The chassis has to be honest taught me how to approach learning other cars and the few times I've tracked an F90 though quite different, I applied the same principles and had a blast.
Appreciate 2
Alfisti6550.50