12-07-2019, 04:39 AM   #178
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboatster View Post
Where do these 130k houses exist? Just asking out of curiosity. I imagine it’s not an area with too many well paying jobs
Greenville/Spartanburg SC. BMW is located here and all the businesses that support them. Greenville constantly makes lists as one of the faster growing cities in the country.

Numerous Chemical Plants. I'm an Engineer by trade, and have been an Engineering Manager for close to 8 years now.

That's what the thread was about. Ive made over 6 figures (not counting wife's income) for the last 10-12 years, but even now my house is only worth about $250K. But I bought it years ago in the $150K range. Could I had bought bigger/better......sure. But this fits me currently and I can afford to do things whenever I get the whim to do so. But I'm a tight ass so maybe that helps.

Now keep in mind...I'm talking starter homes. My daughter's is a small 1600 SF home bought about 20 minutes from downtown Greenville. So this area is like the perfect place to get into the housing market. Now it doesn't have a lot of high end features, but has pre-engineered hardwood, nice cabinets, 3 bedrooms.....perfect for a first home.

In 5 years, they could probably sell that home for $50K more.

For $250K-$300K here, you can build/ buy pretty much anything you want within 3K SF.

I don't need anything that big.... I would rather have the garage space.

Last edited by Rmtt; 12-07-2019 at 06:31 AM..
Appreciate 1
Run Silent15127.00