ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueueCumber View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
I'm no expert but I'd say sport plus is effectively race mode and is really intended for track use, not everyday driving. The engine will run hotter so if you drive like that all the time you'll need to use the right kind of oil and/or change it more frequently.
I didn't buy the 'm' to curb its best performance. With any kind of "performance" vehicle like the M40i (e.g. Ferrari 458 or Porsche RS), I always utilize the highest performance settings (e.g. Race mode or Sport+). I'm not wasting a drop of my money on the decreased performance settings. In traffic I switch it over just so I'm not being jerked around too much, but otherwise it's "all systems go!"

In any case, it's around $10 (including the shipping) each time the oil needs to be topped off. I don't mind $10 every 1800 miles (as crazy as it sort of is nowadays).

BTW, the 458s I owned previously and the sport+ Porsches I own/owned did not require a quart of oil every 1800 miles...
As I said I'm no expert. I've tried Sport Plus a couple of times but it doesn't really lend itself to English country roads, especially on a day like today with four hours of solid rain Sport is just fine.

As long as you're not bothered about the occasional $10 I'd say fill up and enjoy
Appreciate 1