View Single Post
      12-07-2019, 12:56 PM   #73
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
There's a lot of speculation in your post. The police get information as it comes in, and it is often sketchy at best. So when the call for an armed robbery with shots fired is dispatched the response was as I'd expect it to be.....the vast majority of the time the outcome isn't this, so to suggest if the police weren't there it would have come out better is also to suggest that you'd be ok with that level of response to all kinds of calls and I suspect those outcomes wouldn't be so happy.
Yeah, I totally get that. We are all speculating here but unlike myself you actually have the the career to back up what you are saying so I'll 100% defer to your expertise here. As I've been saying its easy to sit back and comment on how it could have been done better. And maybe you are right that none of those officers had any intel on what lead to this, motive, etc. Is there not a police chief or someone in a command center of sorts that DOES have all the info at his or her fingertips that can generally guide the response of the officers on the scene? Or is is the total free-for-all that it appeared to be?
Appreciate 1
minn1914046.50