Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
BMW needs to step up. 70k car with 760HP. I paid 80k for a F80 and it only came with 425HP.
Well, dynoing 425, yours probably has around 500 at the crank and the shelby is most definitely measured at the crank. Still not 760, but when you do the math with the dynos the crank HP should be significantly more. Also, you have a flat torque curve, which the shelby most certainly does not. Torque below the curve is what wins races and gives you the seat-of-the-pants experience. Putting down 760hp is another matter and on a road course, it's damn near impossible without radical mclaren-like engineering. The ZL1 has less HP, but beats it around a track because of these two factors, torque and handling (to put down the power). And it's not that the GT500 sucks around a track, it doesn't, but going that high with the HP increases the requirements for everything else if you are going to put down the power and take full advantage of it. It's an impressive machine, but I don't think it's much more than an M3 or M4, they are simply different machines.
Uh, no? The GT500 most certainly is underrated and also certainly has a flat torque curve. I'm not sure why you'd think a larger motor with more cylinders would be inferior to the S58, but here's a dyno, just to give you a glimpse of what's going on with the GT500.

Of note, I do think you're talking about the GT350, which is naturally aspirated, would have a more traditional torque curve, does get out lapped by a ZL1, but most certainly does not have 760 hp. The GT500 will not be outpaced by a ZL1 on probably any track.

[IMG]https://www.racepagesdigital.com/wp-...0-tuning-2.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0