View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 07:48 AM   #21
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I have a slightly more nuanced view of CVTs. I have no problem with a CVT on an econobox. Put it on a Nissan versa, a Toyota Corolla, a Sentra, etc. So I have no problem with it being on an Impreza, for example. But it should not be on a BRZ or an STI.
That's why they aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeA View Post
The first BRZ I got had to be lemoned because it would not turn on. The comfort access start button wouldn't turn the motor. Subaru denied the claim and the car sat for its full lease period (had to lease another car in place so ended up with 2 payments). Subaru denied the claim until months after the lease was over. Worst company to deal with, they do not care about their customers.

I ended up buying a used 2017 BRZ after that first one with hopes of it actually working fine and so far only 4 visits to the dealership for 2 engine out services. But at least it turns on. Would not recommend to anybody.

I also had a 2009 Outback that was bought new and only driven 15k miles in 10 years, the transmission went bad on it at 11k miles but out of warranty due to age and Subaru did nothing to help.
That's astonishingly bad. I bought a new '15 BRZ back in Oct '14, within 300 miles on it, it had an E85 tune, Ground Control coilovers, and wide RPF1s. Never gave me a problem until I traded it in on the 135i with 35k miles.

Although I am still curious about the new STi coming out this year and if they've upped the performance, and helped out with the interior.

I went and sat in an '18 STi w/Recaros.........looking at the dash/ICE made me feel like an early 2000s Protege or something. Not what I would drop $40k on.
Appreciate 0