United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
This is the entire announcement, as GOLFFRR left this out:

Ultimate Delivery Experience Continues in SC as Sun Sets on European Delivery

European Program to Begin Phasing Out Operations in May

As the global market has evolved and BMW NA sales volumes have shifted more heavily towards SAVs during the past serval years, the Performance Center Delivery in Spartanburg, South Carolina has seen continuing growth. Since its beginning in 1999, Performance Center Delivery has grown to more than 28,000 vehicle deliveries, while European Delivery, which has delivered approximately 30,000 vehicles since the 1970s, has experienced a significant decline in participation. Although BMW NA has historically represented an average of 2,000 European Deliveries annually, such deliveries have declined in recent years to under 500. Based on these trends and long-term evaluation, BMW Group will end the European Delivery Program in 2020 and cease accepting reservations as of May 18, 2020.
Well now that this is posted, I REALLY can't blame BMW. I run a corporate department and I think I would get fired if I refused to cancel a money losing program that had only 500 takers a year. I am, however, shocked at how few people have done this in "recent years" (like what, 2019?)

So I guess it's our fault that we didn't do this enough. Or bmw has lost the customers that do this kind of thing...
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24809.50