Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///bproden View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I was considering purchasing the new m3 only to do a ED again. Without that option, I don't think I would purchase another one. It really made the experience of buying a bmw such a special event. I'm sure this will hurt them more than they realize long term.
Well they already had more than a 75% drop off rate. What more hurt could they experience?!?
Quote:
Quote:
I was considering purchasing the new m3 only to do a ED again. Without that option, I don't think I would purchase another one. It really made the experience of buying a bmw such a special event. I'm sure this will hurt them more than they realize long term.
Well they already had more than a 75% drop off rate. What more hurt could they experience?!?
Since the virus hit a 75% drop off rate or prior?
I would wager prior. This cancelation was coming regardless.
I have purchased 3 bmws since 2015 and most likely would have continued that rate in future. While I love bmw I'm not set on the new m3/m4 design and frankly the ED would be main reason to sell my current and move up to the new one (not the new design). My plan was to do another Ed next year and if Porsche offers it, I'd be more inclined to buy a gt3 from them next year... I know I may be just one person, but I'm sure there are others in the same boat as me. Take that by someone who buys a new car from bmw every 2 years on average, and it adds up over time.

Obviously if they're losing money on Ed then they have to weigh what it's worth to keep it, but it's also a customer relation thing as well. Sometimes you lose money short term to gain long term business. Why spend $$$ advertising then?