10-09-2019, 09:09 AM   #35
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhill View Post
This.

I really, really had to try and push to break her loose. The 1LE is as planted as a factory car can be. With the ZL1, I believe the biggest change suspension wise is the sway bars, and maybe bushings?

And I don't know about the image thing. Maybe my ego isn't there, but I couldn't give two shits what the perception was of me when I got into the car. Being 1.5 miles off Woodward maybe the stigma isn't as negative vs. other parts of the country.
The ZL1 1LE is way over the top, it gets all kinds of goodies, solid mounts, more aggressive sways, DSSV spool shocks, even wider tires, 19" wheels instead of 20, etc. Everything about it is track focused. The SS 1LE handles a little better due to a little better balance, but the ZL1 version has the 200 more HP and still puts down power great. The SS 1LE is as aggressive as I care for as far as suspension though, I'd seriously doubt the daily-ability of a ZL1 1LE, at that point IMO you have defense mechanisms going on as the car bounces and skips along...I paid for it..so obviously it's a great daily! The regular ZL1 is already a monster at the track and probably the better car for most. The SS 1LE is basically the ZL1, minus the higher HP (heavier) engine. It gets upgraded brakes, much wider tires, the trick eLSD (one big reason they put down the power in turns), magnetic ride shocks, show throw shifter, stiffer sways and suspension, HUD, suede seats, 4-pipe dual mode exhaust, etc. The 2SS version again pretty much gives you a NA ZL1. The lateral Gs these things can sustain are insane and they are awesome fun driving. Best of all, the 1/2SS 1LE versions only come in manual.