View Single Post
      10-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #63
KevinGS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Past 2015 M4, Current 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstein55 View Post
I've also always liked the GT and of course its predecessor, the SLS - who doesn't love the gullwing doors! - and this was before I was really into MB's and started actually buying them. I've driven a GT C Roadster and its just an awesome experience. The long nose is awesome, and provides a unique driving position since the engine is so far back and you can't beat the V8.

Not sure if this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually prefer the Roadster to the Coupe, especially in GT-R form, its just gorgeous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
I literally drool over these things when ever I'm at the deanship for maintenance on my MB......I'd almost give up my 993 for one.....
When I was in LA in August, I needed a rental car for a few days. And lo and behold, there was a GT roadster available on Turo. Gotta love Cali. And it was $170/day for 200 miles/day! For me, a steal! Having never driven a GT roadster, and since it's a car I'm seriously considering purchasing on the used car market, I jumped all over it.

And I loved it! And it was just the slow, base model, yet I still had loads of fun, especially in the canyons. I actually kept it an extra day and spent the entire day in the Angeles National Forest. Like the GTC, the GT just holds on for dear life. So much grip. Yes, I missed the extra power on the highway, but not in the twisties. And again, for relatively cheap, the base GT can jump to 600hp and the GTS and GTR can jump to 700hp. PLENTY.

and yes, jstein, I agree, I think the roadster actually looks better than the coupe. I drove ALL 600 of my available Turo miles, returning it having used exactly 600 miles. The owner couldn't believe that I didn't go a single mile over (or under).

Last edited by KevinGS; 10-14-2020 at 09:45 PM..
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
Murf99314114.00