Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
This does not make sense. A month ago I did a high level research and picked xpel. Now this test shows 3m is the best.
I think the truth is that none is the best and none really works against the real chips. Protection you get is minor.
"Best" for many people will involve more than just level of protection. I just did a bunch of research myself since the last time I got clear bra it was with the now-obsolete VentureShield, and the consensus I found was that XPEL and Suntek are the front runners at the moment; 3M Pro or whatever it's called didn't come up very often. But between XPEL and Suntek, people who have both either on different cars or who switched from one to the other, and installers who have worked with both, consistently said that Suntek is clearer and lets more of the paint's shine and depth through, and the installers consistently find it easier to work with than XPEL, which was a big factor for me since I would argue that the quality of the installation is more important to the end result than the material being used, so if you find a skilled installer who prefers one over the other, that's worth a lot. XPEL on the other hand is thicker (though some are saying the additional thickness is in the adhesive layer rather than the protective polyurethane layer) and has a 10-year warranty for Ultimate compared to a 5-year warranty for Suntek, but considering that XPEL hasn't even been around for 10 years yet and I've never heard of a single person availing themselves of a clear bra warranty, I consider that nothing more than marketing and possibly evidence of XPEL having more cash reserves as a company until proven otherwise.
I agree with this statement. I started with 3M years ago, switched to Xpel on my last car and now have Suntek for these reasons + needed to replace Xpel under warranty for yellowing (on white car).