View Single Post
      06-16-2020, 08:00 PM   #44
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
On the contrary, they're hardly trying. Toyota has the means and resources to make a great IS but they refuse to do so and the result has been plummeting sales.

Old platform, old interior, old engines... basically the same old car that has existed for 8 years. Rumor is they might do a complete remake somewhere between 2023-2025, but that may be too late and they'll end up letting it lapse and eventually scrap it to the junkyard like the GS. Sad.

The Lexus brand outside of SUV's is, frankly, running on fumes. They're essentially an SUV company because that's pretty well all they sell. Without SUV's they are DOA.
Toyota has the means and resources to do just about anything... a real Supra as an example... but they run on higher margins and spend $5 a year on R&D while selling to an unsuspecting crowd that believes in ancient tech and a false premise of reliability (even when they are no longer remotely towards the top on the metric).

Tacoma, 4runner are ancient jokes at best... Tundra same story.

Corolla, Camry and Avalon are cheap FWD cars that have a colorful infotainment system but that and their reliability is good enough for most people...

Not one modern turbo engine, gearbox or drivetrain system in the entire lineup...

I feel Toyota peaked when they created the Prius and dominated the market... soon after they took a massive dump...

How do you go from being the car company that builds the first mainstream hybrid, a legendary sports car and have a top notch luxury car brand to a company that outsources sports car, drops any serious hybrid / electric development, sells 15 year old tech in most of its cars and has the worst dealership experience in the industry. I mean you have to really hate cars to buy a Toyota in my opinion.
Appreciate 2
pokerface429.50
supra932480.00