06-16-2020, 08:35 PM   #45
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
How do you go from being the car company that builds the first mainstream hybrid, a legendary sports car and have a top notch luxury car brand to a company that outsources sports car, drops any serious hybrid / electric development, sells 15 year old tech in most of its cars and has the worst dealership experience in the industry. I mean you have to really hate cars to buy a Toyota in my opinion.
The reality is that the masses really aren't enthusiasts. The typical consumer doesn't care about handling dynamics, performance, or style. They just want a reliable appliance that takes them from A to B. Have you walked into a Toyota dealership? It's basically a senior citizens gathering with a sprinkling of middle aged couples. I'm being dead serious when I say Toyota could bring back a 3 generation old Camry untouched, sell it as a new model and it would probably do modest sales as the typical Toyota buyer really has no clue about the level of tech in their vehicle and is purchasing solely on reputation.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10057.00