ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Lexus suffers what Toyota suffers albeit in a much much higher and far more demanding price category... doesn't fly here.

Reused old engines, trannies, odd styling and virtually nothing exciting in the lineup makes it a dud on arrival. Your highlighted comment is pretty much it.. which is the same as the Toyota crowd.
But overall Toyotas are certainly more class competitive than Lexus is. The current Corolla, Camry, Rav4, Highlander, Tacoma, etc. are among the best in their respective segments.

Prius, 4Runner, Sequoia, Land Cruiser are mediocre but people can't get enough of the 4Runner for some reason.
The Tacoma survives because it is the only truck in its class... this truck runs rear drum brakes fwiw... no more needs to be said.

The Rav4 and New Highlander, I will agree are the only decent vehicles in the lineup. The styling is decent and the tech is updated albeit they are stil running on ancient drivetrains.

The Camry and Corolla are imho jokes compared to the Accord and Civic.... both of which have modern powertrains, gearboxes, and much much better infotainment systems... oh and both at least somewhat reminiscent of maybe an enthusiast dieing next to one 15 years ago... the Toyotas are none of those. Toyota made a Camry Trd (turd) and literally advertised it as an autocross car... i think they know their audience perfectly; and its an audience that neither knows anything about cars nor remotely cares about them.