06-16-2020, 09:45 PM   #50
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
The Tacoma survives because it is the only truck in its class... this truck runs rear drum brakes fwiw... no more needs to be said.

The Rav4 and New Highlander, I will agree are the only decent vehicles in the lineup. The styling is decent and the tech is updated albeit they are stil running on ancient drivetrains.

The Camry and Corolla are imho jokes compared to the Accord and Civic.... both of which have modern powertrains, gearboxes, and much much better infotainment systems... oh and both at least somewhat reminiscent of maybe an enthusiast dieing next to one 15 years ago... the Toyotas are none of those. Toyota made a Camry Trd (turd) and literally advertised it as an autocross car... i think they know their audience perfectly; and its an audience that neither knows anything about cars nor remotely cares about them.
Fair points. But think of where Toyota stacks up relative to all the automakers they compete with: GM's divisions, Ford, FCA, VW, Kia, Hyundai, Honda, Nissan.

I agree Hondas are generally better cars. Of course Hyundai/Kia have the class-leading Telluride/Palisade. The Big 3 dominate in trucks and large SUVs. But I'd say overall looking at their entire portfolio, combined with their proven reliability record and stronger residuals, Toyota is pretty among the best in this crowd.
Appreciate 0