View Single Post
      06-17-2020, 12:27 AM   #51
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Toyota has the means and resources to do just about anything... a real Supra as an example... but they run on higher margins and spend $5 a year on R&D while selling to an unsuspecting crowd that believes in ancient tech and a false premise of reliability (even when they are no longer remotely towards the top on the metric).

Tacoma, 4runner are ancient jokes at best... Tundra same story.

Corolla, Camry and Avalon are cheap FWD cars that have a colorful infotainment system but that and their reliability is good enough for most people...

Not one modern turbo engine, gearbox or drivetrain system in the entire lineup...

I feel Toyota peaked when they created the Prius and dominated the market... soon after they took a massive dump...

How do you go from being the car company that builds the first mainstream hybrid, a legendary sports car and have a top notch luxury car brand to a company that outsources sports car, drops any serious hybrid / electric development, sells 15 year old tech in most of its cars and has the worst dealership experience in the industry. I mean you have to really hate cars to buy a Toyota in my opinion.
Toyota knows what the hell they are doing.

Sand-colored tacomas and tundras. End of story.
Red Bread4463.00
King Rudi13154.00