06-25-2020, 05:47 PM   #83
Tacoma
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMWs for 30 yrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
I don't even understand how Lexus has any enthusiasts. They don't make any fun vehicles and there's nothing in the pipeline either. One of my buddies is considering ditching his fanboy status.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I will say the Lexus forums are pretty much dead. The IS and GS sections have a handful of enthusiasts that mod, but it's a ghost town over there. The one thing that I will say about the two that I've owned is that they are pretty much service free vehicles. Tires, oil and brakes are all I've ever had to spend on mine. Aside from the looks of the current ride, it's a pretty boring car unless being driven in sport +. Driving in sport + will drain the tank damn fast.
Toyota stopped giving a damn about the enthusiast community for some time now. And in that time and as of April 2020, Toyota is the #1 auto manufacturer in the world with 12.6% of the world's market share. VW Group is 2nd with 11.2%. That's amazing considering that the VW Group includes big names like Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini and others, while Toyota is essentially just Toyota and Lexus.

So we enthusiasts can put down Toyota, call their cars boring with outdated technology, but they are #1 in the world, bottom line. And if you are wondering why BMW has been softening their cars and ignoring enthusiasts more and more, you can look at Toyota's success to understand why.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25076.00