07-31-2020, 12:27 PM   #25
supra93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4, E500, Supra, RX7

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/show...141246&page=10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14stu
So, I'm an instructor at our local track and the track manager is a friend of mine. He told me that Toyota (this is the closest track to their US headquarters) is doing some marketing type stuff at the track in the very near future and that he knows the test driver for the next 86 (he's friends with Randy Pobst, and was a test/development driver for Cadillac back when they were doing the first CTS V).

Toyota is hosting a tech tour at the track on Saturday (it's for the Supra though) and I plan on trying to find out if they have any info on the new 86. My friend couldn't outright tell me anything, but with a wink and a nod he let me know that the new 86 will be at the track doing a photo/video shoot in the next couple of weeks (could have happened as early as this week). I didn't press him for too much info since he was giving me as much as he was allowed to without violating any NDA's.

I've got a few member day passes, I'll let him know that I want to use one on the day Toyota will be there (or just find out more details). He made it sound like the car is pretty much ready to be announced/unveiled and they are just waiting for the proper timing. It seems too late for a 2021, but I would be surprised if the new 86 isn't a 2022 model.
Appreciate 0