c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I'll probably never own one, but the Targa is a big let down for me. I'd just want a removable roof section that I can stash behind the seats, not an erector-set where half of the car comes apart just to stow that roof panel, adding a bunch of complexity and weight to the rear end of the car, reducing rigidity by having the rear glass lift up, etc. It's exactly the opposite of what I think a sports car should be, while the Targa "idea" could be great, it's ruined by being overly complex IMO.
So the Corvette is for you. I like the Corvette too. However, I love my Targa. If you look at the numbers, it has better handling than the C8 Z51.....with over 1g of grip, not sure what you’re talking about with less rigidity. Go check out Porsche or 911 forums, despite the complexity, the top is actually extremely reliable. To add to that, most car reviewers claim it would be the 911 they own if they could.

And despite the extra weight, is a low 3 second 0-60 and low 11 second quarter mile car, at least as a 991.2 4S. The 991.2 GTS is a tick faster. Absolutely love my 991.2 Targa GTS. As far as usability, it works the same as a regular convertible. The only thing you really lose is the ability to move slowly while raising or lowering the top but any convertible I owned prior to the Boxster required that anyway.
Appreciate 4