09-20-2020, 03:36 PM   #35
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
There's a G 63 AMG rolling around near me... thing is absolutely disgusting. Black with some sort of red sport striping, not sure if thats a special package or what. Exactly how rich do you have to be to own a $160k truck!? There's also a BRABUS one that I've seen at Roseville Galleria Mall on occasion.

I like them a lot for their brutalist, boxy, old school style. Would definitely consider getting a used "base model" and enjoying it for for what it really is.

Is there a particular range of years that are considered good buys used? As in great long term reliability / no common massive repairs?
The platform was just updated in 2019 or 2020. Clearly a current model will be best from a reliability and longevity point of view. Same as for any other pre-owned vehicle.

Before 2019, buy the newest and lowest mileage vehicle possible, with the most options, that fits your budget.

G-Wagens are known to rust like a bucket, as in rust bucket. Particularly the windshield lower corners.

The 4x4^2 system is pretty fly, with portal gear axles. The AMG G63 and G65 with 4x4^2 are the, or among the, highest end models.
Appreciate 1
sspade2464.50