View Single Post
      09-23-2020, 08:47 AM   #21
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Here's my experience with the run craps. Had the stock ones on my car and kept them on way too long. Driving over imperfections on the road that now my 4S tires just absorb with no drama would feel like driving over a curb with the run craps. This harshness translated into two bent wheels. So the statement that non run craps will damage your wheels is totally false. Not only that, the harshness translated into additional stress on the tires which resulted in one tire having a bubble in the side wall.

In addition, when you go to change out the run craps, you better hope the shop you go to knows how to unmount these tires. I went to Costco and they summarily damaged the finish on all 4 of my prestine 261 wheels.

I've been on non run craps for a few years now and have no regrets. As one of the guys pointed out above, I bought the BMW emergency tire kit and keep it with my car.
Appreciate 0