03-08-2017, 05:09 PM   #1347
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I have to say the oil filter is pretty cool. Ghetto but certainly works at "protecting your hearing".

I was an idiot one time at the range - brought my neighbour who hadn't shot before, set everything up, nobody else is there. So I'm thinking about my mental checklist, have eyes on, etc, good to go I thought.

But I was missing ear protection (and my rifle has a muzzle brake so it sounds even louder to the shooter). Well, I send one down range...the two of us were in a little pain for the next few minutes from the sound. Without hearing protection - that thing is loud! Not even a big gun, just a .308.
I watch movies and see people shooting in small rooms while talking to each other and just think how effing deaf they would be after a few mags full of full auto rifle fire.

Last Friday at the range with a friend shooting .308 suppressed and the bullet hitting the back stop was louder than the bullet leaving the muzzle. LoL