View Single Post
      05-31-2019, 03:12 PM   #21
rlmesq
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukicabuki View Post
Living in Oregon, wheres it's illegal to lane split, its painful to watch people from California come up here and lane split with our ridiculously oblivious drivers. I've seen more riders get hit and really close calls than I can count. I've seen riders kick cars and knock off mirrors when they think are being blocked by a car when they are trying to split, even though illegal.
Oregon drivers are pretty scary. Why is that? Fewer cars and less experience in traffic?

I used to commute about a hundred miles from Mendocino County to Fairfield, California. There were a couple of areas through the Santa Rosa area where traffic really slowed down. Most drivers were very considerate and would move to the edge of their lanes to make room.

I know there are some aggressive motorcycle riders, but drivers who intentionally swerve into a motorcycle that's lane splitting are committing assault with a deadly weapon... and in California, if you're convicted of assault with a vehicle, you lose your license forever.
Appreciate 0