06-30-2019, 01:03 PM   #823
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
That’s awesome Rmtt, I will definitely keep a eye out for him. There were a few of us talking more CrossFit stuff early in this thread.

I competed also, but as a Masters Athlete (40-44). I never made it past the World Wide online qualification tho. But just to make it that far I was happy. This was a few years back before my shoulder injury and my son being born. I didn’t want to get surgery and just did not have the time to train to prepare for competitions anymore. Mainly it was my shoulder. I enjoyed competing but more so the preparation.

As you mentioned your “Motor” needs to be ridiculous. That is what I spent most time on. The Olympic lifts were a close second. Then gymnastic stuff.

CrossFit has changed ALOT since I started it back in 2009. But that’s what CrossFit is variation and change. I still do a lot of the workouts and movements, but nothing that will risk further injury on my shoulder. The powerlifting suits me well along with the functional stuff.

Glad to hear you dabble with CrossFit, it absolutely helps us older guys when done safely and correctly.

Just got word that he won another event. So now he's officially qualified for the World Games!

That's awesome you competed. You have my utmost respect. Just seeing the work he puts into....you guys are insane.

I could never do that. One, I'm just not good enough. Two....anything like that for too long and my body drops weight like it's going out of style.

I can't eat enough to keep up.