View Single Post
      01-20-2020, 01:56 PM   #4
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our03z4 View Post
I believe they will never allow a cure, way too much money to be made. This includes organizations, some are borderline cult like, and they bring in an unbelievable amount of funds. All you have to look at is where their money is spent and you'll find very little goes to actual research. I would bet that a cure was found many years ago and it was squashed.

The powers at be want some sort of population control in one form or another and the U.S. has been caught in this in the past. Was a big movement for a while, I still believe it is. I don't want to think like this but it wouldn't surprise me either. Look at climate change, do you think people living longer would be in their best interest?
Being someone who has won the cancer lottery twice, I have a specific insight on this that those who have not experienced cancer will never have.

Yes, I've heard about all the conspiracy theories of big pharma and profits. For those that have read my posts on these types of topics, it's no secret how I feel about health insurance. This is where you want to focus your attention on.

I know of two people who have worked in cancer drug research who received the gift that keeps on giving from cancer. Tom Marsilje was a cancer drug researcher for Novartis. On the day his drug was FDA approved for lung cancer he went in for a colonoscopy and found out he had colon cancer. He initially started off as stage 3 but later on suffered from recurrence which became untreatable. He started a blog chronicling his journey and explaining new cancer treatments in details a lay person could understand. His blog was called Adventures In Living Terminally Optimistic. Unfortunately, his site is down as the domain registration has expired. He was also interviewed for the PBS series on cancer called the Emperor of all Maladies before he got sick. He remained positive and optimistic to the very end. It was a huge gut punch to everyone in the CRC community when news of his passing hit.

The other person goes by the name of Grouseman on the Colon Talk forum. His wife was diagnosed off the bat with stage 4 colon cancer. Grouseman used to work in cancer drug research and had to deal with the ultimate passing of his wife.

Last edited by zx10guy; 01-20-2020 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34184.50
M_Six16950.00
Salty Dog3574.50