View Single Post
      08-04-2021, 12:47 AM   #21
mjr24
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M8 Comp GC, X7, AMG GT53

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3min1 View Post
While I agree super teams do ruin true basketball, look who won the NBA finals. ... It wasn't a super team. What has actually ruined true basketball is all the rule changes that have gone into affect since the mid 90's. Wanna know why people can't play defense? Touch fouls and players exploiting movement rules (i.e. hardens double step away jumper, trae youngs foul on the back move)

I agree they are more celebrities than anything because they, like all celebrities nowadays, know that money rules everything. Protect your investment. They invest in their bodies so they can make more money. So if something comes up to where you can potentially get injured for a prize you don't even care about, for a event you don't care about, representing a country you don't care about, why would you do it?
  • Why Risk getting hurt and missing out on a multi-million dollar contract or worse career ending?
  • A lot of people don't support the Olympic committee anyways. This is also true for a lot of African American athletes throughout the years.
  • They feel the NBA title is the more prestigious title.
  • Considering the recent NBA BLM events, why would they want to represent a country that has shown time and time again that they are not equals.
  • After the NBA finals this is when a lot players get to rest and spend time with their families. Why travel away again?

As much as the fanboi in me wants to see all of the US's best in the tourney I agree with not wanting to be there.

Its almost why you don't see the best soccer players in the Olympics. There are tournaments and trophies that have more prestige than an Olympic medal.
The Olympics came at a bad time. Most of these players just got done playing a shortened off-season and late season and will go into next year basically with another shortened off-season since they want to start the 21/22 season like normal (not to mention they were locked in a bubble last year). I just don't think a lot of guys wanted to go.....not to mention to a country where no fans are watching in person anyways. These guys give like 75% in effort in the Olympics versus what they do in the NBA, too.
2022 M8 Comp GC, 2021 AMG GT53, 2022 X5M Competition, 2021 X7 40i, 2019 M5, 2018 M550I, 2017 Audi Q7, 2014 M6 GC, 2013 Mercedes CLS550, 2011 750LI, 2008 M6 Cabrio, 2008 Porsche Cayenne S, 2004 Mercedes SL55 AMG, 2003 Mercedes SL500, 2000 Mercedes CL500, 1993 Lexus SC400, 1989 525i, 1985 318i
Appreciate 0