03-23-2024, 12:02 PM   #37
GerryC
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M40i, BMW X5x40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellborg View Post
I think I f’d up my order. I test drove a ‘23 automatic from Murray BMW in Salt Lake City last month and decided to order one - and from them, figuring that the warm weather drive home to Wisconsin would make a nice trip. Plus, they said that they already had 2 Handschalter orders in which made me think that allocations were not an issue. I sent them a $2k non refundable deposit - which was stupid in retrospect. I now see that a deposit should have been made after an allocation was secured.

To all of you who have an allocation, did you get confirmation directly from BMW, or just from your dealer?
When I ordered my last two vehicles, my CA printed out a Vehicle Inquiry report. It showed the ordered configuration, Production Number, sold to: with my name in the field, and Status: 112 Scheduled for Production.

As an unsold allocation, they were in the system as Status 111. Once it was marked as sold to a customer, they jumped to Status 112.

If it doesn't have a Production Number, there is no allocation.